- Internationaal anders dan BeNeLux
- Agribusiness (Glas) Tuinbouw
- Productie, Logistiek & Techniek
- Bachelor/ Master
Do you have experience in cultivation of leafy greens and herbs?
You like to join a pioneer in urban indoor agriculture and a leading fresh produce company in North America? Please get in contact with us,
Head Grower Greens, USA
Location: Must be located in one of the states in which Gotham Greens has a greenhouse.
What you will do
You have a senior leadership position within the company; your primary role will be to manage all aspects of crop production in your greenhouse to achieve best in class yields and quality. You will oversee and mentor the Assistant Grower, IPM Specialist and Young Plant Specialist. You work closely with your counterpart in the operations team – the Plant Manager – at your specific location to run the entire facility. You will report to the Director of Growing.
- Leadership & Management
– Manage the growing team on a day-to-day basis, including both technicalguidance in growing topics, as well as mentorship and coaching;
– Create and sustain a culture of excellence, inclusion, and continuous learning;
– Foster emergent talent and build the bench of growing talent.
- Yield & Quality
– Oversee yield & quality for all crops to achieve company targets;
– Use a data-driven approach to manage all areas of crop production.
- Climate Management & Irrigation Schedules
– Oversee climate control strategy for all plants and compartments;
– Determine optimal settings for all greenhouse equipment and irrigation;
– Evaluate climate strategy impact on energy use and yield.
- Greenhouse Management
– Oversee and determine all cultural practices for young plant production;
– Oversee IPM Program – compliance, record keeping and IPM strategy;
– Monitor functioning of greenhouse, production and irrigation equipment regularly with Maintenance team;
– Oversee plant nutrition program;
– Review crop schedules and adjust as needed for sales, operations or plant needs;
– Provide training to operations team as needed on crop-specific tasks.
- Advanced Degree in Plant Science, Horticulture, Agriculture or related field;
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in a management position in commercial greenhouse production, preferably in leafy greens and herbs;
- Understanding of all aspects of crop production and growing in CEA;
- Strong computer skills and experience with climate control software platforms;
- Extremely well organized;
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills;
- Data-driven with strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Dedicated leader and people manager;
- Collaborative, humble, and team-oriented, pragmatic;
- Excellent emotional intelligence;
- Commitment to the company mission and values.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a successful and innovative business. If are ready to take the next step in your career, apply confidentially to Green Career Consult via Mr. Johan Grootscholten, senior consultant, mobile: +31 (0)6 38976049.
Please sent your cover letter and cv by E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Gotham Greens is on a mission to transform how and where fresh produce is grown. They are a pioneer in urban indoor agriculture and a leading fresh produce and food company. Through their national network of local high-tech farms, Gotham Greens delivers fresh, long-lasting, and delicious leafy greens, herbs, salad dressings and pesto dip all year round to retail, restaurant, and foodservice customers.
Today, Gotham Greens has 9 locations with 600,000+ sq. ft. of hydroponic greenhouses across six U.S. states and over 350 team members. Since its launch in 2011, Gotham Greens has grown from a single urban rooftop greenhouse in Brooklyn, N.Y., to a multi-state greenhouse operator and one of the largest hydroponic leafy green producers in North America.
Gotham Greens recently raised $87 million in new equity and debt capital, bringing their total financing to $130 million and fueling their company’s next phase of growth.