Sales Specialist High-Tech Tomato Crops
- Heel Nederland
Are you the commercial specialist with strong ideas about customer relations and a strong drive to further growth of the High-Tech Tomato Business?
Do you have the skills and the competences to outperform targets and grow to a position of leadership in sales?
On behalf of BASF Vegetable Seeds we like to get in contact with you,
Sales Specialist High-Tech Tomato Crops
Region: The Netherlands
This (international) commercial role is more than sales, it’s about finding innovative ways to work together with your customers,
to set up new (cooperative) projects and be a business partner for them and your colleagues.
You are actively contributing to new developments and you are working in a complex business environment, engaging with innovative customers.
Why is this the job for you?
- It’s a challenging sales job, working in an international team with a lot of autonomy and responsibility to expand our high-tech sales at our (new) customers;
- You get a lot of opportunities to grow and further develop yourself within sales and/or within the High-Tech Horticultural business;
- You are close to the newest developments in high tech horticulture;
- You get to work for and with innovative customers, who have a complex business;
- You’ll work for a company that invests highly in research and development of new vegetable varieties.
You will drive the High-Tech Tomato business growth in The Netherlands. You visit the highly-valued customers, but you will have a focus on acquiring new clients too.
You will participate in a network related to the latest developments and techniques in High-Tech Horticulture. You will create a lot of interactions in the high-tech market to be able to act as a business partner for the (new) customers. Your office can be located anywhere in The Netherlands.
Furthermore, you will be part of an entrepreneurial and dynamic ‘Global High-Tech’ team of sales and marketing specialists, focusing on the High-Tech business of Tomato.
You report directly to the Global Sales Manager High-Tech.
You will join a team of highly dedicated ‘high-tech sales specialists’ who are working closely together to offer the best solutions to their clients.
Your team is a lot of fun, very driven and it sometimes feels more like family than colleagues. Your team also consists indirectly of ‘high-tech’ – Product Development Specialists and you will also interact with other high-tech crops, like cucumber and lettuce.
Your Tasks and Responsibilities
- Plan, review and execute the annual sales plan for the crop in line with Marketing & Sales (M&S) strategy, to match the plan with the production plan and stock of seeds;
- Support the Sales Manager in the steering and peer-coaching of the Sales Specialists to achieve the sales targets for the crop in your assigned region;
- Introduce company, product to (potential) national and international customers in line with M&S strategy to inform and acquire customers;
- Formulate and negotiate with customers regarding annual contracts and concepts, within broader guidelines, in order to realize the long term partnership relation and the short-term sales targets;
- Steer the Customer Team to assure all aspects for the correct development of the projects being carried out with our strategic customers.
You’ll be the most proactive link to always anticipate the critical path and avoid failure;
- Involve direct in international or cross-border projects with customers. Provide market, price, and product information regarding the crop in the country to contribute to the formulation of the M&S plan in the international crop team;
- Report to management to inform about proceedings in sales and the consequences for the other departments.
Your skills & competences
- You have a bachelor degree in Agriculture;
- Previous sales experience within Tomato crop (or another vegetable crop), that demonstrates a proven track record achieving business growth;
- Affinity with agriculture and knowledge of high tech greenhouse crops is required to be successful in this role;
- Fluency in Dutch and English, both oral and written, is mandatory for this role;
- Sound interpersonal skills; ability to listen, to analyze customer needs and to build strong relations with different stakeholders;
- Social versatility and the ability to adapt to different cultures and social levels;
- High level of commercial skills to ‘get things done’ and close deals;
- Natural networker with a go-getting attitude to further grow the business and to expand current business relations;
- Team worker with the ability to work in a matrix organization and mentor colleagues in the sales activity.
Are you the potential with key-account management qualities and strong ideas to further growth of the High-Tech Tomato Business?
This is an exciting opportunity to join a successful business. So, if you are an experienced Sales Specialist or you are ready to take the next step in your career.
Then apply confidentially to or get in contact with Green Career Consult, via Mr. Johan Grootscholten, senior consultant, mobile: +31 (0)6 38976049.
Please sent your cover letter and cv by E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
About BASF Vegetable Seeds
With over 1,200 seed varieties in ~25 vegetable crops, Nunhems is a world-renowned brand in the hybrid seed industry.
BASF invests highly in research and development of new vegetable varieties. Their breeding programs are able to deliver innovative products which in turn help improve our customers’ business growth and profitability.
They serve the vegetable produce industry and supply chain worldwide and are among the world's four leading vegetable seed companies.
But what sets them apart is that they focus as much on customers as on seeds.
BASF was the first company in vegetable seeds to replace country organizations by Crop Teams.
Focusing on a single crop, these groups of experts are responsible for bringing together the company’s global resources for the benefit of local growers.