- Nederland Midden
- Harmelen, The Netherlands
- Agribusiness (Glas) Tuinbouw
- R&D & Kwaliteitsmanagement, Nutritie & Veredeling Plant/Dier
Would you like to be part of a challenging breeding company and implement modern / molecular breeding technology in roses? If so, we would gladly get in touch with you,
Pioneer, team player, ambitious, practical attitude
Location: Harmelen close to Utrecht, The Netherlands
Interplant Roses is a rose breeding company and worldwide the most important breeder of spray roses. Africa, the Americas, Europa and recently China are important business areas for their varieties. They are leading in their market segments. With an enthusiastic and driven team of professionals they develop innovative new rose varieties on a daily basis and with a lot of passion.
Interplant Roses is active member of the innovative breeding platform Breeding Accel which objective is to reduce the time to market, to invest jointly in the latest breeding technologies and to exchange knowledge.
Due to the growth of the company we are looking for an ambitious pre-breeder on behalf of Interplant Roses.
You will cooperate with an experienced team of professionals. Your core activities consist of joining the current breeding programs and the development of a pre-breeding program. Besides playing an active role in the current breeding programs while making cross pollinations, you will observe the crop and you will analyse and process the breeding data. Pre-breeding is being used in the company to develop new genetic semi-finished products with interesting characteristics for rose varieties of the future. Supported by modern breeding techniques, in which you are specialized, you will give a new boost to the rose breeding programs. These include DNA marker technology, the development of dihaploids, the development of fast and reliable bioassays, etc. You will also participate in collaborative projects with third parties as a means of channeling breeding programs.
For this position we are looking for a pre-breeder who has a proven experience of breeding and of the molecular techniques. You are accountable to the Head of Research.
- University degree breeding, genetics or plant science;
- Some years of experience in plant breeding and knowledge of modern breeding techniques;
- Experienced in molecular techniques and quantitative genetics;
- Flexible, ambitious, curious, analytical skills;
- Team player however at the same time work independently and target-oriented;
- With the drive to be or become a top breeder;
- Willing to learn and to stay abreast of the latest developments in the field of study;
- A practical attitude is important (implementation-oriented instead of fundamental scientist).
Offer Interplant Roses
• A fascinating, full-time job in a young and enthusiastic team of colleagues;
• Plenty of opportunities to develop further while actively supported in this goal;
• Excellent remuneration and employment conditions.
If you are interested in the challenging position of pre-breeder Rose, you are invited to send your motivation and CV to email@example.com.
If you have questions or need additional information, please contact Johan Grootscholten, Senior Consultant / Managing Partner at Green Career Consult, +31 6 38976049.