Global Regulatory Affairs Manager
- Brussels, Belgium and at home / remote
- Agribusiness Open Teelten
- Bachelor/ Master
Do you want to be the key player in EU regulatory affairs for an ambitious crop protection company where “every molecule counts”? We would like to get in contact with you.
Global Regulatory Affairs Manager
coordinator, analytical multi-tasker, problem solver
Office: Brussels, Belgium and at home / remote
Tessenderlo Group (TG) is a diversified industrial group that focuses on agriculture, valorizing bio-residuals, energy, and providing industrial solutions with a focus on water. The group employs more than 4,800 people, is a leader in most of its markets and recorded a consolidated revenue of 2.1 billion EUR in 2021.
Expertise and entrepreneurship, technical strength and know-how, curiosity and creativity are key for the Group to secure its position as a global leader in most of its products and markets. An innovation mindset and focus on safety and sustainability are indispensable for a successful future where “every molecule counts”.
NovaSource (NS), as the crop protection division of TG, delivers a portfolio of proven and effective crop protection products to niche agricultural markets around the world. The NovaSource team is committed to providing registered products and developing new uses for existing products that provide lasting benefit for growers. To strengthen the Regulatory Affairs team we are searching for a Global Regulatory Affairs Manager.
you are responsible for the registration of current and newly acquired crop protection products in Europe and sometimes globally (Asia/Pacific, North and Latin America, etc.). You will interact with internal and external customers, including regulatory authorities in the support of NovaSource products. This full-time position will ideally be based on Brussels with periodic (~2x / year) visits to the US office (Phoenix, Arizona, USA). Responsibilities may also call for occasional attendance at meetings with regulatory authorities or at conferences.
Activities & responsibilities
- Develop and implement European domestic and global registration strategies in support of business objectives;
- Responsibility for regulatory activities on assigned products in the EU, and sometimes in other global regions;
- Prepare and submit pesticide registration packages to EU Member States;
- Use sound science to obtain timely approval of pending petitions, applications and actions;
- Represent NovaSource in global registration activities, meetings with regulatory authorities, and industry trade associations;
- Provide analysis and expertise in pesticide registration matters in support of strategic business plans;
- Monitor and provide analysis of developing regulations and regulatory trends, and supply comments to internal customers, task forces, trade associations, or authorities as needed;
- Cooperate with local country personnel and sales to prepare dossiers for pesticide package submissions;
- Identify and coordinate external regulatory and scientific consultants towards developing scientific reviews to support, defend, and gain registrations;
- Advise external consultants and/or contract research organizations on appropriate data generation and risk mitigation;
- Expand product labels through the registration of new formulations, additional crops, new or revised use patterns, and petitions for tolerances;
- Maintain knowledge of current pesticide regulations and contact with key regulatory authorities.
- 4+ years of experience in agrochemical businesses;
- Bsc, Msc, or PhD in agriculture, chemistry, environmental sciences, toxicology, or other related field, or equivalent regulatory affairs or regulatory science experience;
- Knowledge of the EU regulatory process for crop protection product registration, renewal and regulation;
- Experience in negotiation with EU Member States or other regulatory authorities on product defense as well as on scientific policies around crop protection product registrations;
- Excellent writing, communication, analytical and problem‐solving skills;
- Ability to multi-task and good interpersonal relationship development skills;
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a team;
- Computer skills (e.g. MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.);
- Fluent in English is a must and additional EU languages a plus.
Tessenderlo Culture and Offer
- You will be working in a challenging, ambitious and growing international environment;
- In an independent and responsible position you can take own initiatives and (further) develop your skills and stimulate self-improvement;
- A full-time open ended contract and a competitive salary package with fringe benefits.
Are you the potential Global Regulatory Affairs Manager we are looking for? This is an exciting opportunity to join a successful business. For more information please contact Green Career Consult, via Mr. Johan Grootscholten, Senior Consultant, mobile: +31 (0)6 38976049 / email@example.com.
To apply, please send your cover letter and cv by E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tessenderlo has exclusively selected Green Career Consult as recruitment partner for this vacancy.