Manager Research & Breeding
- Nederland West
- Agribusiness (Glas) Tuinbouw
- R&D & Kwaliteitsmanagement, Nutritie & Veredeling Plant/Dier
- Bachelor/ Master
Are you a market-oriented plant scientist and expert in plant breeding, molecular techniques and plant pathology? Are you a communicator and a natural leader with a clear R&D vision? We would like to meet you!
Manager Research & Breeding (fulltime)
Office: ’s-Gravenzande (Westland), The Netherlands
Evanthia is a fast-growing and ambitious Westland breeding and propagation company with a strong focus on own genetics. In addition, they trade in a sophisticated selection of third-party genetics in order to be able to offer a wide range of top varieties in cut flowers, tropical plants and pot and bedding plants. They supply seeds and young plants from seed and tissue culture to growers worldwide, for the best start to commercial cultivation.
They are constantly looking for new markets and opportunities to increase their sales. The employees play a key role in this. There is plenty of attention for personal development and within Evanthia these opportunities are ready to be taken. In an informal atmosphere, they work together with approximately 60 colleagues on their ambitions, such as developing new distinctive varieties and setting up close collaborations throughout the floriculture chain.
The ambition for the Research and Breeding Department in 's-Gravenzande has been made even more concrete: Evanthia wants to be top 3 player in the crops in which they breed. To realize this achievement , on behalf of Evanthia we are looking for a guiding force within the R&D team, namely the Manager Research & Breeding.
You are in charge of the Research & Breeding department. You focus on innovation and new successes in breeding of the range of cutflowers and pot & bedding plants. With strategic planning, expanding knowledge within the organization, designing new internal structures and talent management, you and your team ensure that Evanthia's long-term objectives are achieved. You carry out pioneering, operational activities in the field of new research disciplines too.
You also focus on optimizing the software processes, for recording and safeguarding all relevant research and breeding data and creating data-driven insights.
You have a clear vision in mind and you know how to convert it into a clear course for the department, which is in close connection with Product Management and Commerce. You are the example of a coaching manager who manages the main points of content. You have a refreshing view and are a strategic sparring partner for the management, to which you report regularly.
You also focus on optimizing the software processes in E-Brida, for recording and safeguarding all relevant research and breeding data and creating data-driven insights.
You have a clear vision in mind and you know how to convert it into a clear strategy for the department, which is in close connection with Product Management and Commerce. You are the example of a coaching manager who manages the main points of content. You have a refreshing view and are a strategic sparring partner for the management, to which you report regularly.
Full of enthusiasm you look forward to the next step in your career with the following profile:
- WO work and thinking level: Market-oriented plant scientist with a convincing track record; expert in the field of plant breeding, cell techniques, molecular techniques and plant pathology.
- People management style: You get energy from coaching employees and using and developing talent within your department, allowing Evanthia to take the next step. You are communicative and a natural leader who knows how to connect at all levels and with all links. You motivate and inspire employees to get the best out of themselves.
- Active, international knowledge network: You take a lot of initiatives to optimize and further expand your ties with knowledge and research institutions. You stay informed of the latest developments in your field and actively seek collaboration to take Evanthia's product development to a higher level.
- Structure and coordination: You are a star in streamlining work processes. You have organizational talent, bring structure, set up collaborations and make decisions where necessary. You understand how to deal with all the challenges in the relationship between Research & Breeding, Product Management and Commerce and you know how to create a healthy balance.
In addition to a dynamic, challenging position in an international playing field, they offer you a warm place within the Research & Breeding department. You work together with a strong and motivated team that realizes and celebrates success together.
- You get the space to really make a difference, in a company full of ambition and growth potential;
- They like to look ahead and offer excellent training and development opportunities;
- If there is a click, a permanent contract on a full-time basis is immediately an option;
- Evanthia offers favorable secondary employment conditions and a salary that matches your level of education and experience.
Do we have a match?
Have you become enthusiastic about this leading R&D position within Evanthia's dynamic innovative environment and is the profile just the right fit for you? We would like to meet you. If you would like more information, please contact Johan Grootscholten, managing partner / senior consultant of Green Career Consult, available on mobile number 06-38976049.
Applications preferably by email to Johan Grootscholten, firstname.lastname@example.org
Evanthia has exclusively selected Green Career Consult as the only recruitment partner for this vacancy.
Green Career Consult is a specialized agency for Recruitment and Career Coaching, which focuses in particular on companies and employees active in the Agribusiness, (Glass) Horticulture and Food sectors. Candidates we mediate and supervise have a number of years of work experience and are prepared for a career in Agribusiness and Food by means of an Bsc or University education. Green Career Consult is a committed, practical and result-oriented service provider with an eye for the fact every person is unique and has its own personality, special skills and specific knowledge. We strive to forge lasting relationships with the organizations and candidates we work for.
More information can be found www.greencareerconsult.nl