- Nantes, France
- Agribusiness (Glas) Tuinbouw
- R&D & Kwaliteitsmanagement, Nutritie & Veredeling Plant/Dier
- Bachelor/ Master
Is it an exciting challenge to become R&D pioneer of a young, agile and ambitious lightning technology company? On behalf of Red Horticulture we like to get in contact with you to make this dream come true,
trial projects, presales support & application consultancy, agronomy
Home base: RED Innovation Center at Nantes, France
RED Horticulture is the result of a combination: passion (plant production), skills (engineering) and observation (light is a key parameter, often forgotten).
Through their research, their high-quality lightning equipment and their services, they decided to explore and open up this new field of value for the industry.
Their ambition is to be the pioneers of photobiology, alongside producers / growers who are pioneers in their markets.
Every year, Their research team conducts tests in their laboratory and in experimental centers in France and abroad, as well as field trials with their producer clients.
Their discoveries contribute to the development of the horticultural industry as well as fruit and vegetable growers and are directly integrated into their equipment and services.
To strength the R&D and business activities we are looking for candidates for an open position as R&D Engineer.
What are you going to do
1. Pilot trials for your segment of production
- Manage the operational implementation of trial projects at the RED Innovation Center for your crop segments and the planning of your tests by coordinating with the Innovation Center team;
- Define the test protocols in line with expectations of the stakeholders (internal, customer, partner, etc.) both technical and agronomic;
- Coordinate trials, ensure cultivation monitoring, complete the tests according to protocol specs;
- Analyze the results, discuss them, write trial reports and summary documents;
- Participate in project meetings and present results;
- Support the sales team, in particular to report and explain the results to customers, partners, and if interested, in the form of internal or external publications, technical bulletins, sales support materials (recipes, economic methods, agronomic performance, etc.).
2. Contribute to the operation of the RED Innovation Center and company
- Be the 'referent' for your crop segments at RED and intervene whenever necessary in the company's activities (demonstration of products and services, training, visits, workshops, crop monitoring, commercial support, etc.). Inform, advise, train new employees who will join the RED team;
- Be a lead in the activities of the Center by participating in the establishment of facilities, materials, equipment, in coordination with other employees;
- Be in close contact with the RED team, the sales representatives, the technicians (industrial, automation) to master all the subjects of photobiology at RED;
3. Representation and monitoring of innovations & knowledge
- Carry out technical and agronomic monitoring on certain areas of expertise for your crop segments, participate in the drafting of project specifications and specific experimental protocols;
- Maintain excellent relations and become the referent in photobiology and innovation with the technical centers of your sector;
- Represent RED Horticulture in industry meetings and fairs, with the chamber of agriculture, producer groups, etc., etc..
Do you recognize yourself in the following profile
- Bsc / Msc Engineering degree Agro / Horticulture or equivalence degree;
- At least 2 years’ experience in a greenhouse with artificial lighting or 2 years performing indoor trails with high wire crops;
- Passionate about new cultivation practices and technological innovations;
- Experience in project management / animation / training;
- Understanding of IT and communication tools;
- A start-up, enterprising mindset, Spirit of belonging, Open-minded and sense of innovation;
- Ability to write and summarize (proposals, reports, etc.);
- Autonomy, organization skills and leadership;
- Knowledge of statistical tools and experimental approaches;
- Excellent command of the English language. French is a pre;
- Willing to travel to customers and partners and willingness to settle in Nantes, France.
Offer Red Horticulture
Becoming a member of an agile and flexible company with strong ambitions for growth that develops and sell the lightning technology all over the world.
Be part of the management team and with possible career path across the organization.
A position in a company active at global level with a stimulating working environment, where inclusive culture, passion about what we do and growth mindset are the pillars.
Personal contribution will be valued and rewarded, and a continuous learning path will be available.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a really successful lightning technology company. so if you are an experienced Research or Development Engineer or you are ready to take the next step in your career. Please apply confidentially to or get in contact with Green Career Consult, via Mr. Johan Grootscholten, senior consultant, mobile: +31 (0)6 38976049.
Please sent your cover letter and cv by E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information: www.horticulture.red/en/